Board meeting Minutes/16 May 2011

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
2 May 2011
Board meeting Minutes Next:
6 June 2011




Present
Subject to verification Philip Kizer (chair), Lois Bennett, William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Dan Rich, Jesse Trucks
Apologies
Jimmy Kaplowitz, Matthew Barr
Opened
2005 Eastern Time
Closed
2034 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

See RT Board Queue (formerly current action items)

RT Ticket Status
User Open tickets
Nobody 5
drich 12
lois 9
pckizer 4
pensezbien 7
ski 7
wbilancio 8

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • Lois filed for extension on the 990 form. Not much bank account activity other than paying a few bills. Bank account is doing ok. Expecting money from Cascadia and PICC conferences. Still have not received $$$ we are owed from OLF from last year. Philip will contact them about this.
Membership Summary (counts are new / renewed)
Members by Type April May (MTD) 2011 (YTD) Current #
Individual 72 / 2 6 / 3 207 / 21 591
Student 4 / 0 2 / 0 10 / 1 36
Honorary 0 / 0 0 / 0 0 / 0 0
Charter 0 / 0 0 / 0 0 / 0 116
Founding 0 / 0 0 / 0 0 / 1 10
Complimentary 0 / 0 0 / 0 1 / 0 1
Totals (all types) 76 / 2 8 / 3 218 / 23 754
    • Membership looks ok, Picking up a few renewals and the CiviCRM upgrade splits out new vs renewals now.
  • Technical services report
    • Still looking for new tech team members and dealing with some server problems. No major projects at the moment. RT upgrade on hold for now.
  • Conference/events activities report
    • Signed contract for PICC'12 (5/11-12), made around $4800 in profit
    • Still waiting for DECA hotel to respond for Cascadia '12
    • Next training conference will be SCALE in February
  • Mentorship Status report
    • Got a few more mentors from PICC. Still on hold a bit until we get RT upgraded. A bit hard to tell about current projects as they do not always respond to emails.
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
    • Looking for articles and horror stories.

Serverfault sponsorship and more (Ski)

I talked with Kyle at serverfault. The deal we worked out would be that they would purchase 40 memberships @ $50 each. Because they are doing a bulk purchase, we will also list them as a sponsor on the website and mention them in the LOPSAgram. They will mention us in their blog, chat rooms, and use the LOPSA memberships as a way to reward their top contributors. In addition, we can probably get them to sponsor our conferences. Two other ideas came up:

1. Put a link on our website that points to the serverfault feeds/site (basically use their forums instead of creating our own).

2. Use their system admin career board instead of creating our own. Problem with this is that they charge companies to post (this is how they make their $$$).

  • Approved the sponsorship, but not the forums or system admin career board.

Adjournment

Motion to adjourn by Jesse, seconded by Lois at 2034