Board meeting Minutes/6 June 2011
16 May 2011
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
13 June 2011
- Subject to verification Philip Kizer (chair), Matthew Barr, William Bilancio, Jimmy Kaplowitz, Ski Kacoroski, Dan Rich, Jesse Trucks
- Lois Bennett
- 2009 Eastern Time
- 2031 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 16 May 2011
RT Ticket Status User Open tickets Nobody 5 drich 12 lois 9 pckizer 4 pensezbien 7 ski 7 wbilancio 7
- Treasurer's report
- William got a lot of checks, was wondering how to record StackExchange sponsorship. Decided to record as sponsorship.
- Membership report
Membership Summary (counts are new / renewed) Members by Type May June (MTD) 2011 (YTD) Current # Individual 11 / 4 3 / 1 213 / 23 579 Student 2 / 0 1 / 0 11 / 1 37 Honorary 0 / 0 0 / 0 0 / 0 0 Charter 0 / 0 0 / 1 1 / 1 102 Founding 0 / 0 0 / 0 0 / 1 10 Complimentary 0 / 0 0 / 0 1 / 0 1 Totals (all types) 13 / 4 4 / 2 226 / 26 729
- Members up to 729, but some are duplicates. We are solidly above 700 now. With the StackExchange sponsorship, we will be over 750 members.
- Technical services report
- Almost done with moving everything from -001 to -003. RT work is delayed a bit, should be done next week. -002 & -004 are just sitting there. Once -003 cutover it done, then start work on -002 and -004. Pretty much everything has been moved from -001 to -003, but for RT. Matt Harlow has been a big help in this.
- Conference/events activities report
- In a nice lull. PICC '12 is all set for May 11th and 12th. Looking to hire a marketing person. One hold with Cascadia contract. March 23rd - 24th. Skipping OLF this year. Next conference that we will be a large presence at will be SCALE in February. Still trying to get payment from OLF for last year.
- Mentorship Status report
- Slowly growing.
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
- Almost ready to go. Will get out this week.
Approve Pittsburgh Chapter... (Ski)
Hi LOPSA Board,
I am happy to say that our new group (using an old name) SNAPGH just had our 3rd member join LOPSA, making us eligible for provisional status. I would like to get our approval added on the agenda for the next board meeting.
Members: Martin Gehrke* Brendan Mannella* Terry Winters* Nathan Embery Anastas Stoyanovsky Jordan Retterer Mike Morris Nick Napier
- LOPSA member
Meetings: Held on the Wednesday of the first whole week of the month. We have had 2 meetings and our 3rd is scheduled for June.
Local Dues: None
Goals & Objectives Can also be viewed on our website: http://snapgh.com/about-us/
- Be a local community of system and network administrators
- Provide support to Western Pennsylvania system and network administrators
- Be involved in Western Pennsylvania’s technology sector
- Provide a organization for the recognition and advancement of system and network administration in Western Pennsylvania
- Reach out to local organizations to promote and educate
- Organize local events and activities
- Motion by Ski, Jesse second to approve this chapter. Motion passes unanimously.
Approve provisional status for the LOPSA East Tennessee Local Chapter (ETENN) (BILANCIO)
Please approve provisional status for the LOPSA East Tennessee Local Chapter (ETENN).
The founding members are the following, with an (L) designating LOPSA members:
- Jesse Trucks (L) (President)
- Matt Disney (L) (Vice-President)
- Chris St. Pierre (L)
- Ryan Adamson (L)
- Scott Koch (L)
- Chris Layton
- Daniel Pelfrey
Also, please supply this chapter with a mailing list, with me as the administrator of the list. Please use "etenn-local" as the mailing list name and address, if possible.
We will be providing our own web site infrastructure.
- Motion by William, Ski second to approve this chapter. Motion passes unanimously.
Motion to adjourn at 2031 by Jesse, seconded by Dan.