Board meeting Minutes/30 April 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
23 April 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
7 May 2007



Minutes approved: 7 May 2007

Present
Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Tom Perrine
Opened
20:06 Eastern Time
Closed
20:43 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Passes

Action Items

[ Barr joins at 20:06 ET ]

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Albrecht - Contact SCALE regarding future cooperation [due 2/26] - in progress
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - no report
  • Membership Committee
    • Parter - Set up retention-rate report - not done
    • Hughes - Draw for 1st Q membership winner - DONE

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - no report
    • Perrine - Turn his lopsa-discuss posting on the CFV for Sysadmin Day into a post for the web page - no report
    • Barr - Follow up on tech-team php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal - not done
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position [due 4/30] - see below

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Provide at Dec 2006 Treasurer's report writeup for the Board and for the web site - no report

[ Palmer joins at 20:10 ET]

  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status [due 4/9] - in progress
    • Enquire whether SoCoSA would be interested in pursuing Chapter status - not done
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - not done
    • Gather material for Halprin request [2/26] - not done
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 4/1] - not done
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - not done
  • Hume:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - no report
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members - no report
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:
    • Send Biordi 3 contact names by 6 April 2007 - DONE

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status

It's time to push for members again. Hughes will find the old "conversion" nag letter and send to Albrecht for a quick refresh as a stopgap until Perrine's program gets going.

ACTION ITEM: Hughes to find old website member conversion letter for Albrecht

ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to refresh conversion letter

ACTION ITEM: Wilson to look into quarterly member drawing prizes

Elections are almost here. Need report from Leadership committee regarding timeline, slate, etc.

ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to query Filderman regarding election details

  • Online report
  • Sysadmin Days report

The program is online, and a press release is ready to go.

  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

Sysadmin Days, elections, 1st quarter drawing winner. Should go out May 3rd.

Website content director (spp)

This discussion was postponed

Finance Committee

MOTION by Palmer, seconded by Parter to nominate Barr and Potter to the Finance Committee. Passes (Potter abstains).

The new Board should give some thought to writing an appropriate selection criterion for members of this committee (other than "whoever is interested").

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Potter, seconded by Hughes Passes. Adjourned at 20:43 ET