Board meeting Minutes/27 March 2018
13 March 2018
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
10 April 2018
Minutes approved: 10 April 2018
- Andy Cowell (VP and chair of this meeting), Brian Globerman (Treasurer), Aleksey Tsalolikhin (Secretary), Scott Suehle, Steve VanDevender, Drew Adams (arrived 9:18 p.m.)
- George Beech
- 9:03 p.m. Eastern Time
- 9:38 p.m. Eastern Time
- 1 Review and Approval of Minutes
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 3.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities (Adams)
- 3.2 Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, Uphill)
- 3.3 Technical Services (White)
- 3.4 Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
- 3.5 Recognition (Beech)
- 3.6 Leadership Committee (Beech, Moore)
- 3.7 Locals/Chapters Committee (Adams)
- 4 Adjournment
Review and Approval of Minutes
- Approved minutes of 5 December 2017 (Which, on subsequent review of minutes were found were already approved on 2 January 2018 but not edited to indicate that.)
- Approved minutes of 2 January 2018
- Approved minutes of 30 January 2018
- Approved minutes of 13 February 2018
- Approved minutes of 13 March 2018
- Did not approve minutes of 27 February 2018 -- needs work
Treasurer's report (Globerman, Beech, Suehle)
- Balance sheet as of March 24, 2018 (pdf)
- Profit and Loss, January 1 - March 24, 2018 (pdf)
- Business Snapshot, January 1 - March 24, 2018 (jpg)
- Current GuideStar listing for LOPSA (jpg)
- Current GuideStar listing of LOPSA IRS 990 filings (jpg)
LinuxFest Northwest April 28-29, 2018: We discussed if we should opt for free non-profit or sponsor? Decided to go in as a non-profit.
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 624 (previous report: 622, change: 2, pending renewal: 22)
- Paying: 295 (11 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 329 (9 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Announcements from Wild Apricot:
Starting April 3, our monthly price for using Wild Apricot will change from $130 to $160.
According to them this will take effect when we next pay our monthly fee on April 27, 2018.
Wild Apricot will also be disabling support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1, which may affect users with older browsers.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities (Adams)
LOPSA Cascadia 2019: (Vandevender)
Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, Uphill)
Roger is due to start tomorrow as Community Manager.
Technical Services (White)
Danielle absent, no report.
Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
Andy reported that the new mentorship program is ready to be released. We have two mentorship pairs already. Andy will update lopsa.org website to point to new mentorship program site, mentor.lopsa.org
George absent, no report.
Leadership Committee (Beech, Moore)
Drew will reach out to the Trev, the current head of leadership committee, to make sure we are on track for LOPSA election.
Locals/Chapters Committee (Adams)
No report. Aleksey will ask Roger to compile an up to date list of LOPSA chapters and affiliates in the next LOPSAgram.
Andy Motioned for Adjournment Brian Seconded