Board meeting Minutes/7 Feb 2017
24 Jan 2017
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
21 Feb 2017
Minutes approved: 21 Feb 2017
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
- (Subject to verification) ? George Beech, Brian Globerman, Paul English, Atom Powers, Ski Kacoroski, Steve VanDevender, Scott Suehle
- John Boris, Thomas Uphill
- Ray Frush
- 1 Filling John's Position... (Ski)
- 2 Consent Agenda
- 3 Standing Reports
- 4 Committee reports
- 4.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
- 4.2 Education (on hold)
- 4.3 Speakers Bureau (on hold)
- 4.4 Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- 4.5 Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
- 4.6 Mentorship Report (Beech)
- 4.7 Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- 5 Statement on Presidential Orders... (Ski)
- 6 LOPSA-EAST (Beech)
- 7 Regus
- 8 New Business
- 9 Notes/announcements
- 10 Adjournment
Filling John's Position... (Ski)
- SKI: I move that we appoint Ray Frush to serve out the rest of John Boris' board member term.
- PAUL: Second
- Motion carries unanimously
- Approve minutes of 24 Jan 2017 Minutes approved: 24 Jan 2017
- Approve minutes of 13 Dec 2016 NOTE: Audio file mixup. Fixed now. Minutes approved: 13 Dec 2016
Treasurer's report (Brian, Kacoroski)
- BoA Accounts: $32,933.95
- PayPal Account: $17,431.72 (includes CasitCon payments, ~ $2K)
- Total: $50,365.67 +/- from last report (01/24/2017): +$2,455.80
Action Items: Pending
- CPA Peter Sayah of Clothier Sayah & Willsey, LLC preparing letter of engagement re: back taxes
- Note: Brian will annotate CASIT sponsor payments as needed. We do not keep a separate account for CASIT.
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 661 (previous report: 665, change: -4)
- Paying: 388 (9 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 273 (10 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
LOPSA Cascadia 2017: March 10,11:(?) (Kacoroski,Uphill,Globermann,English,Powers)
- (ski) Need help with sponsorships and advertising. Have 11 confirmed attendees which includes 6 speakers. Gave TomL a draft blurb that was posted at 5pm EST today.
- (ski) Marketing firm did not work out (price jumped to $5K). Set up linkedin ads myself. So far 328K impressions, 47 clicks, and no conversions. Need to get logo up on our website.
- Scott: will dive in and help, particularly on social
LOPSA East 2017 (Beech)
I spoke to the LOPSA-NJ guys. Need to follow up with them, but I'm not 100% sure that we can pull this off this year. The largest problem is that LOPSA-NJ needs a lot of effort to get it back up and running. Item in Discussion for further discussion after the reports.
- ACTION: Ski will send George contact info, George will follow up with John's family to pick up LOPSA stuff from his house.
- I am all set. Plan to pick up booth materials in two days from Brian. Need to setup signup for table help, get them our logo, and get it up on our website.
- Paul: Applied for a (free) 'community' booth. Have confirmation that application is in, but haven't heard 'yes' or 'no' yet.
Education (on hold)
Speakers Bureau (on hold)
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- Paul: was waiting on Datadog. Scott: will help get response from them.
Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
Mentorship Report (Beech)
Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- Collecting names for the election.
Statement on Presidential Orders... (Ski)
A few of our members are wondering if LOPSA has a position on the presidential orders. Should we post something and send something out to our members.
- Open discussion - Pro/Con. For internal records:
- We can't make political statements as 501c3. We also don't have the numbers to be effective, even if we could.
- Our members care, and may care in both directions, so we may not be able to say nothing, but if we were to try and take a stand we'd end up upsetting some members
- We can make a statement about our Code of Ethics
- We can make a statement supporting our members
- Scott: will work up first draft
I don't know if we have the time or manpower to get LOPSA-EAST bootstrapped. Although I'm loathe to not run it again. My thoughts right now are to go ahead and not have it. Do a complete rebrand and get started now on a reboot.
- ACTION: George will write up a draft of announcement for LOPSAgram
- Brian: Are we keeping Regus?
- ACTION: George: I sent an email, haven't heard back, will follow up with call tomorrow.
First new item...
Ski Kacoroski Motioned for Adjournment Brian Globerman Seconded