Board meeting Minutes/11 September 2006

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
28 August 2006
Board meeting Minutes Next:
18 September 2006



Minutes approved: 18 September 2006

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Trey Harris
Opened
20:05 Eastern Time
Closed
20:07 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Passed.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
    • Albrecht - Develop sponsorship strategy and report to board - in progress
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - in progress next due 10/16
    • Perrine - Write Sysadmin Day thank you letter for volunteers - in progress
    • Perrine, Parter, Palmer - Designate which appreciations go to which Sysadmin Day volunteers - DONE
  • Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Palmer - Discuss possible member survey methodologies with Chavez - no action
    • Albrecht - Select current sponsor to use regarding possible ad mockup - no action
    • Palmer - ontact Albrecht to verify the Board's understanding of the trademark/DBA issue - DONE
  • Membership Committee

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
    • Wilson - Contact Parter regarding Training Event questions (primarily dates) - DONE
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - no report
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Prepare statement about AH payment [due 6/26] - no report
    • Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/26] - no report
  • Albrecht:
    • Touch base with IRS [due 8/28] - no action

ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to check with State of NJ regarding article changes

    • Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 8/28] - in progress

ACTION ITEM: Hughes to generate a list of member consultants to directly query regarding possible offerings.

  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Restart Resume Standards project - no report
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no report
  • Hughes:
  • Hume:
    • Chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering [due 9/11] - no report
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Contact Leadership Committee regarding next (summer 2007) election [due 9/18]
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)

no report

  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status

ACTION ITEM: Hughes, Palmer to send out letters to non-memeber website accounts

  • Online report

Hughes has been working on automating more of the jobs board, and filtering spam.

[Perrine joins at 20:31]

Albrecht has chatted with a couple of organizations which might do this professionally for us. Hughes has a volunteer who is willing to investigate the options.

  • Training event report
    • see the web site

No official report; progress is being made. Dates, location, prices are confirmed.

  • Development report

[Perrine leaves at 20:39]

Resume standards project update

Harris unavailable; moved to next meeting

Member survey

ACTION ITEM: Wilson to concretize this agenda item for next meeting

In person meeting

Too many principals missing for a decision. Will be raised again next meeting.

ACTION ITEM: Wilson to query board about (a) does it work (b) when?

LISA booth update

LOPSA will have a .org booth at LISA.

ACTION ITEM: Wilson to form a committee to plan LOPSA's LISA presence

ACTION ITEM: Barr to look into procuring a LOPSA suite at LISA

New Business

Ohio Linux Conference

The OLC is approaching. Potter requests the conference kit be shipped to him ASAP.

LOPSA shirts

Albrecht will send mail to Parter regarding the re-order, and get the inventory straightened out. Albrecht will email those with orders still unfulfilled regarding the situation.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Barr, seconded by Hughes. Passes. Adjourned at 20:57ET.