Board meeting Minutes/23 Apr 2012

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
9 Apr 2012
Board meeting Minutes Next:
7 May 2012



Minutes approved: 21 May 2012


  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Present
(Subject to verification) Philip Kizer (chair), Lois Bennett, William Bilancio, Matt Disney, Ski Kacoroski, Dan Rich, Jesse Trucks
Apologies
Nadine Miller, Chris St. Pierre
Opened
0903pm Eastern Time
Closed
0946pm Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • Matt will shadow Lois on financial issues.
  • Membership report
    • 808 members (possibly because PICC is later this year, we were at 842 at the last meeting)
    • 88 lapsed members in Q1, 12 so far in Apr
    • 116 new members ytd, but only 14 renewals.
  • Technical services report
    • Still looking at colo ideas
    • William will ask Anne for a table at the Federated conferences in Boston. Lois will staff it.
  • Conference/events activities report
    • PICC up to 105 people
  • Mentorship Status report
    • New Windows person helping out now with mentorship
  • Development report
  • Upcoming LOPSAgram and #lopsa-live
    • Will be done by next meeting
  • Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
    • TEP will be going over volunteer need list and working on the election.

LOPSA server vendor change (Jesse)

  • Overview of options presented
  • Recommendation and discussion
  • Roundtable comments
  • Decision on vendor
    • Decided to use ServerBeach. Jesse will make this happen.

Linuxfest NW (Ski)

I will be attending this on Sat/Sun. No cost for a booth this year and I will donate my time and expenses to LOPSA. I hope to get around 5 new members like I did last year.

Byline contest (Ski)

Only got 2 responses so this was a dud. I would still like to put some new bylines to a vote by the membership. What do you think?

    • Decided to run a poll with the suggestions we have.

New Business

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Motion to adjourn at 9:46pm by Dan Rich. Seconded by William Bilancio